🌍 “Every Classroom a Green Classroom” 🌍
Applications are open for Santa Cruz County Office of Education’s Teacher Leadership Institute for Sustainability. The goal of this teacher institute is to support TK-12 teachers in integrating environmental issues into classroom curriculum in any content area and empowering students in sustainability efforts in their community.
TK-12 TEACHERS APPLY HERE! DEADLINE TO APPLY IS SEPTEMBER 15, 2023. Space is limited to ensure participation across districts and grade bands.
- Engage as learners alongside passionate peer educators to deepen understanding of environmental literacy and foundational sustainability frameworks
- Identify environmental issues relevant to students and connect with your classroom curriculum
- Collaborate with local environmental education partners for support of outdoor learning and stewardship
- Identify opportunities for students to contribute to Green School Certification and/or other existing district greening efforts
- Share their “green classroom profiles” telling the stories of their action projects at the final “share case” in April
- October 1 & 14: Kick-off at Seymour Marine Discovery Center
- 3 virtual after school sessions: October 17, November 17, and December 5
- January 20: Collaboration Work Party
- April 20: Final Green Classroom Recognition Event at Seymour Marine Discovery Center
Stipend: $1,200 upon completion of full program.