TEACHING AND SERVICE CREDENTIALS
Register or renew your credential, find out about the Santa Cruz County Office Credential Department’s services, and explore useful resources.
Clear, Professional, or Professional Clear Credentials and 30-Day Emergency Substitute Permits MUST be renewed on-line.
Please note, this process is not available for all credentials. Only Visa or MasterCard debit/credit card payments are accepted online.
Please Call For An Appointment So That We Can Better Serve You!
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Santa Cruz County Office Credential Department Services:
- Register teaching and service credentials
- Evaluate transcripts for California Certification
- Process Child Development Permits
- Advise out-of-state teachers regarding California Certification
- Advise teachers regarding requirements for additional certification
- Process new and renewal applications
- Provide applications, Professional Growth Booklets, and available registration booklets for CBEST, CTEL, CSET/SSAT Subject Matter, PRAXIS, and RICA (see websites below).
California Credential Information Web Sites:
Credential Testing Web Sites:
- CBEST test
- CSET & SSAT
- CTEL test (CLAD/BCLAD authorization)
- PRAXIS Test Information and Registration