To apply for a 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permit you will need:
- SCCOE Substitute Registration Form
- Social Security card
- Official transcripts verifying a Bachelor’s Degree
- Verification of meeting the Basic Skills Requirement. The most common method of meeting this requirement is CBEST. For a list of alternative methods to CBEST, please refer to the Basic Skills Requirement leaflet on the Commission on Teacher Credentialing website.
- Government Issued Photo Identification (Driver’s License, CA ID, Passport, etc…)
- $74.00 personal check, money order or credit/debit card only—fingerprint fee
- Current Negative TB Exam (valid for 4 years) TB Skin Test locations and info
To schedule an appointment to apply for a 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permit please contact either Christine Caldwell-Holden at (831) 466-5753 or email at email@example.com or Mariel Washburn at (831) 466-5758 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.