30-Day Substitute Permit

To apply for a 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permit you will need:

  1. SCCOE Substitute Registration Form (updated 3/2019)
  2. Social Security card
  3. Official transcripts verifying a Bachelor’s Degree
  4. Verification of meeting the Basic Skills Requirement. The most common method of meeting this requirement is CBEST. For a list of alternative methods to CBEST, please refer to the Basic Skills Requirement leaflet on the Commission on Teacher Credentialing website.
  5. Government Issued Photo Identification (Driver’s License, CA ID, Passport, etc…)
  6. $74.00 personal check or money order only—fingerprint fee
  7. Current Negative TB Exam (valid for 4 years) TB Skin Test locations and info

To schedule an appointment to apply for a 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permit please contact Christine Caldwell-Holden at (831) 466-5753 or email at ccaldwell-holden@santacruzcoe.org. Click here to read more about a 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permit.