How does Live Scan work?
- The Identix TouchPrint Live Scan workstation is a fingerprint system that produces records by electronically scanning and capturing rolled fingerprints. The electronic fingerprints will be transmitted directly to the State Department of Justice with an anticipated three to five working days response period. The requesting agency will receive electronic notification of applicant background data. The Santa Cruz County Office of Education does not receive applicant data for anyone other than SCCOE employee candidates.
I have been fingerprinted before with a different agency/employer. My prints are in the system. Can you use those fingerprint results?
- No. For your privacy protection, personal background information cannot be shared between agencies. The Department of Justice requires each applicant be re-fingerprinted by each employing agency.
Can I get Live Scan fingerprint at a different agency?
- Yes, you may go to any Live Scan agencies that offer electronic transmission to the Department of Justice.
- Listing of Live Scan agencies and their locations
Where do I get the Request for Live Scan Service form?
- The agency requesting your clearance should provide you with the proper Live Scan form.
How much do you charge?
- Specific fees are charged based on the type of background check requested. In addition, the SCCOE charges a rolling fee of $25.00 per applicant.
Where are you and how can I get direction to your office?
- Our address is: 400 Encinal Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060 – Human Resources Department
What should I bring to my fingerprinting appointment?
You must bring the following:
- 1. Request for Live Scan Service form
- 2. Money Order or Cashier’s Check ONLY, payable to SCCOE
- 3. Valid – federal, state or local government picture ID (Driver’s license, passport, etc.)
Where do I get Money Orders?
- Post Office
- Grocery Store and Convenience Store