Visit our new website to view up-to-date COVID-19 Guidance for Reopening Schools at covid19guidance.santacruzcoe.org
Resources for School Administrators regarding COVID-19:
Resources for Promoting Hand Hygiene and Wellness:
- CDC Reduce the Spread of Germs in Schools Poster
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) videos for good hand washing techniques
- Posters, Graphics, and Fact Sheets
General Guidelines for Preventing the Spread of Illness:
As a preventative measure, we encourage all students, staff, and parents to take common-sense precautions to prevent the spread of all infectious diseases, including common illnesses like colds and the flu. Such precautions include:
- Stay home if you are sick. Those who have a fever should go home and stay home for at least 24 hours after they no longer have a fever without the use of fever-reducing medicine.
- Promote hand hygiene among students and staff through education, scheduled times for hand-washing, and ensuring the availability of soap, water, and hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Teach and encourage safe cough etiquette – cough or sneeze into a tissue, sleeve, or arm (do not use hands).
- Provide routine surface cleaning
- Consider not attending large gatherings, as this is where cold, flu, and other respiratory viruses often spread.